The American Association of Feline Practitioners recently sent us this news:
“Congratulations! Your application to the AAFP Cat Friendly Practice (CFP) Program has been approved for the Gold Status level.”
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is designed to elevate care for cats by reducing stress and making visits easier for cats and caregivers. Awarded by the American Association of Feline Practitioners, our veterinary hospital met specific criteria in order to become a Cat Friendly Practice®. NSVH takes extra steps to provide the best care and experience for you and your cat.
What you can expect as a result of our Gold Status Level commitment:
- Understand the unique needs and behaviors of our feline patients.
- Have a feline-friendly environment and make veterinary visits more cat-friendly.
- Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner.
- Have the appropriate equipment and facilities needed to diagnose and treat feline patients.
- Meet specific standards for the facility and care of hospitalized cats.
Our Cat Friendly Practice® focuses on:
- Helping reduce stress associated with veterinary visits.
- Improving the quality of care provided.
- Supporting the veterinary team so that the entire staff is educated and knowledgeable about your cats’ distinct needs and behaviors.